of Life Covenant Church,
We are excited to announce that we will be saying “Welcome back!” to our IN-PERSON services at Life Covenant Church on May 30 & 31 at our regular times of Saturday at 5:30pm and Sunday at 9:00am and 11:00am.
We’ll also say “Glad you joined us again!” at our online services at the same times. Many of us, our survey indicated about half of us, are not ready quite yet. So we encourage people who are vulnerable for various reasons, currently ill, caring for others who are vulnerable, or, frankly, just not comfortable returning yet, to continue to join us online.
You’ve been clearly grateful for this new online experience and we are now committed to an online presence. It’s going to be the new normal around Life Covenant Church. We had to navigate the move to online services quickly, and make some changes along the way. In the same way, we’ll be monitoring this new pattern of simultaneous in-person and online services, discovering what’s most valuable, and modifying what we do in the next months.
Our in-person services will look a little different. Here are some guidelines:
- We encourage everyone to follow the health guidelines that we are all very familiar with these days and, with a common sense approach, use them in all areas of our lives right now, including what we do at church.
- The sanctuary will look a little different with chairs arranged for social distancing.
- Families will be asked to sit together and children will stay with their families during the entire service.
- We won’t provide snacks or beverages initially, but you are free to bring your own for your family.
- We want to provide access for everyone, even for those who are more vulnerable. Because of this, for one of our services, the 11:00am service, we will ask everyone who attends that service to wear a protective mask. At the other services, masks are optional. We have about 200 cloth masks ready to go, sewn by people in our church and those will be available in the entryway at all services.
- We will be cleaning surfaces between each service.
Our online experience will also have a somewhat different look. The front of our sanctuary currently looks like a television studio. We are going to have to make changes in order to return to in-person services. Having said that, we are working hard to provide a warm, personal, meaningful, and worshipful event. At each online service, we’ll sing, interact with children, hear Biblical teaching and you’ll be able to interact with others in the comment section of Facebook Live as many of you do now. You can also view the online service from a direct link on our mobile app and website (lifecchelena.online.church). But there is no “chat” option through this link. Further, we’ll keep the last service up online all week for you to watch on our Facebook page, on our website or app.
Join us in whatever way you are comfortable right now. I again thank you for your response to this situation. I am honored to serve a congregation that seeks to live out their faith in a time like this. You have sought to demonstrate the fruit of the Spirit to others. You have built others up according to their needs. You have sought understanding and wisdom. You forgave and sought forgiveness. You have turned to God as your refuge and strength. You have pursued God’s peace in a storm. Thank you. And as we take these next steps, let’s continue on this path.
Sincerely in Christ,
For our Leadership Team